The Refreshments were Brian Blush, David Clyne, P.H. Naffah, and Buddy Edwards. They were a great rock band, but they were also, technically, a one hit wonder. They released four albums and broke up shortly after doing the theme song for King of the Hill on Fox. Wheelie, their first album, was released in December of 1994. Lo, Our Much Praised Yet not Altogether Satisfactory Lady came out shortly thereafter as a local follow-up to the success of Wheelie, which had outsold Vitalogy in Tempe, Arizona shortly after its release.
Then came Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy, their third time charm. Fizzy, Fuzzy, Big & Buzzy was essentially a remake of their first album, Wheelie, with listener-friendly and studio-driven cosmetic changes, as well as two more tracks, but PolyGram owned it, and marketed the hell out of it. It contained their biggest (and only) hit, Banditos, which featured the truism "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people" in its chorus. Even though most people only know that one song, the album is one of the most solid beginning-to-end albums I've ever listened to. A fourth album, The Bottle and Fresh Horses, was released to radio stations in August 1997, but never generated enough buzz to be widely known, and they faded into obscurity. Their songs are about alcohol, fishing, women, and living near Mexico, where the laws get a little blurry after a few shots of tequila.
Roger (not David, AFAIK) and P.H. along with former Gin Blossoms lead guitarist Scotty Johnson have gone on to form another band, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers.
The Peacemakers have a decidedly more country flavor than the Refreshments did, but the style is pretty similar.
They have a website at http://www.azpeacemakers.com.

Ed. Note: IMO, the Refreshments wrote some of the best driving songs ever. Great stuff.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.