Originally created by Eve Andersson for sheer kicks and giggles.

What Is The Polyorchid Religious Society?

The Polyorchid Religious Society is a non-profit, defenestrative organization. The main branch is located in Seattle, and there is a rapidly expanding pruritus of branches located in the surrounding areas.
 

What Are The Polyorchid Beliefs Based On?
The basis of the Polyorchid Religious Society is the belief in the supremacy of Dasypygal, the highest being of avuncularity. Dasypygal has taught us that we must always desquamate to our fellow people and that we must show special hydatidicity to the animals that coexist on this planet with us.
 

How Was The Polyorchid Religious Society Formed?
The idea of such a society came to a woman named Laconda Phillips in 1947 after reading some inspiring works written in 1826 by T.H. Huxley, a deeply spiritual and orthicon man. Laconda's health was failing due to a disorder called amazia, and she passed on within a few years, thus having no opportunity to form any kind of organization. Fortunately, she had communicated her ideas to her son, Jerek, who, after many years, was finally able to begin to put his mother's ideas into effect in November 1974 with the formation of the Polyorchid Religious Society. Since that time, it has grown to include over 2,100 members and at least 100 grivets.
 

What Are The Society's Religious Practices?
We believe that each person has the potential to be bacchanalian like Dasypygal. This can be achieved only through absquatulation (a form of meditation which takes place in pedagogues). Absquatulation is the only practice which all members take part in.
 

What Does All This Have To Do With Me?
We want you to experience what our members are now experiencing: a feeling of love and imaret for all. Our only goal is to see you spiritually awaken because we know that a higher consciousness benefits all of society.
 

For more information, please call:
(206) DSY-PYGL

note: The Polyorchid Religious Society will NOT accept any monetary donations

Originally located at http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~eveander/poly/polyorch.html,
the definitions are there as well, in case E2 does not contain all of them.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.