They sound
Just like a riot looks
Like a riot looks
Don't touch anything
Unless you can make it sound this good
Like a riot looks
-from "Murder City Riot"

The Murder City Devils is a Seattle punk band on the great record label of Sub Pop. The members of MCD include:

Spencer Moody: vocals
Leslie Hardy: organ, keyboard
Dann Gallucci: guitar
Derek Fudesco: bass
Coady Willis: drums
Nate Manny: guitar, bass

Discography

Singles:
Dancehall Music 7" (Empty, 1997, MTR-354)
"Three Natural Sixes" 7" (Hopscotch Records, year ?, #5)
Dancing Shoes 7" (label ?, year ?, cat.no.?)
"Christmas Bonus Single" 7" (label ?, year ?, cat.no.?)

Splits:
split 7" with Gluecifer (Subpop USA, 1999, SP 482)
split 7" with Botch (Excursion Records, 1999, 027)

Albums:
The Murder City Devils LP/CD (Die Young Stay Pretty, 1997, die 001)
Empty Bottles, Broken Hearts LP/CD (Subpop US, 1998, SP 429)
In Name And Blood LP/CD (Subpop US, 2000, SP 497)

When I saw the Murder City Devils open up for Modest Mouse at Bard College on November 5th, 1998, I had no idea what I was in store for.

Before the show, we ended up talking with Derek Fudesco outside. He was looking for a lighter. We didn't have one.
But The Murder City Devils must have had *some* source of combustion, because about haflway through their set, while in the middle of "Cradle to the Grave", Gabe, the roadie, comes out with a whole lot of rubbing alcohol. He poured it on the cymbals of the drum set and just lit it up. The drum set is on fire, and it gets to this point where Spencer Moody sings "when youre down this LOW!!!!" The cymbals crash, and two flares of flame are shot up into the air.

It was completely boss.

After MCD's last album, Thelema, which included songs about The Elephant man and how Santa Claus must get real drunk and lonely the other 364 days of the year, The Devils broke up. the afterlife of The Devils is as follows: Derek Fudesco began the band Pretty Girls Make Graves, Dann Gallucci played guitar on Modest Mouse's Building Nothing Out Of Something, and sad sappy sucker. Spencer Moody and Coady Willis started the band, Dead Low Tide shortly after the breakup and released a 7" on their own Ill Eagle Records label. Following two tours and recording an album (to be released by Tiger Style Records in early February), Dead Low Tide has broken up as well.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.