The Messenger - 1999 (International Version) - Directed by Luc Besson

Running Time: 158 minutes. Rated R by the MPAA.

Special Features:

  • Extended International Version
  • Digitally Remastered Audio & Anamorphic Video
  • "The Messenger: 'The Search For The Real Joan Of Arc' HBO First Look"
  • Isolated Music Score
  • Theatrical Trailers
  • Talent Files
Technical Features:

Pretty standard on the extras... nothing special really. The audio and video are OUTSTANDING. One issue I have with this disc is that the text (not the subtitles, but the text in the movie) is near impossible to read, even on a 35 inch TV. I had to walk up to the screen to read it the first time, and no, I don't need glasses.

More DVD Reviews

'The Messenger' is one of the most groundbreaking/earth shattering psychedelic tracks every produced. Captivating psychedelic background noise meanders into a haunting piano melody that is recurrent throughout the track. A complex rhythm slowly builds but things don't really start to kick until about six minutes into the song. The song is an epic journey that covers classical, funk, techno, and trance only to culminate in a baroque style rendering on a harpsichord.

It can be found on the compilation discs Kum Haras and Space Mantra and is a collaboration by Infected Mushroom and DJ Jorga. Together they are called Jorga on Mushroom.

After listening to the track about a hundred times I have discerned the lyrics that are spoken at different points during the song. The voice is extremely slowed down and passed through some sort of filter. Nonetheless, it says, "The world is made of words. So use your voice to make an object. That's what the psychedelic experience is."

Track length - 11:55

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.