The X-files

The Jersey Devil
Episode: 1X04
First aired: 10/8/93
Written by: Chris Carter
Directed by: Joe Napolitano

Mulder and Scully are called to investigate the unusual death of a homeless man who was found with parts of his body bitten off by what looks like a human mouth.

Mulder tells Scully of the myth of the Jersey Devil. Scully leaves Mulder to investigate and goes to her godson's birthday.

Mulder catches glimpse of the beast but is arrested for creating a disturbance.

Mulder is contacted a by a park ranger who tells him that they found a male creature dead in the woods. Mulder theorizes that the creature's mate has been going into the cities to find food.

Mulder finds the creature but she is scared off and runs to the forest where she is shot and killed.

Later we see a man and a boy walking through the forest. Behind them peaks two child creatures in the woods.

Important quotes:
Ellen, a friend of Scully's about Mulder -- "Yeah, I thought you said he was cute."
Scully -- "He's a jerk. He's not a jerk, he's erm, he's obsessed with his work. "

Mulder -- "Don't you have a life Scully?"
Scully -- "Keep that up Mulder and I'll hurt you like that beast-woman."

Previous Episode|Next Episode

Back to The X-files: Season 1

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.