'The Doomsday Virus' is a two-part feature-length thriller, recently shown in the UK on ITV. It is very good in terms of plot and effects, even though the casting and acting is substandard.

The first part starts off with a man being chased by a helicopter in Germany. He encounters a tourist, and the tourist cuts his hand, but the man is captured by the helicopter. The tourist gets on a plane bound for America, and later has a heart attack.
We later find out that he has been infected with a virus capable of killing the entire population of the world, with a 48 hour incubation period, infection to death. The plane is denied permission to make an emergency landing at Heathrow airport, and in other airports as well. The first part is mostly concerned with the people on the plane flying around trying to land somewhere.

The second part, however, is more centred on the CIA operatives running around working out what to do with the plane. I don't want to give too much of the plot away, but it is very exciting, and nothing is quite what it seems.

Although the acting is a bit wooden in parts, it is made up for in the brilliant treatment of a plot which has already been well explored. Also, look out for a rather nasty twist at the end, with a last line that will just blow you away. If this is shown where you are, watch it at all costs. You will not regret it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.