novel, by Stephen King.
Later made into a film. 1983. Directed by David Cronenberg

Starred Christopher Walken and Martin Sheen. Walken played a man who almost dies in a car accident, then awakens from a coma some 5 years later.

In addition to dealing with a body that is in atrophy, he is now blessed/cursed with the ability to read the future of anyone he touches.

Great special effects and a truly horrific plot.

Stephen King's The Dead Zone is also now a cable TV show starring Anthony Michael Hall.

The show began in June 2002 on the USA Network and will soon also be shown on the Sci-Fi Channel's Friday night line-up.

Created by Shawn and Michael Piller (who wrote and directed some of the best episodes of Star Trek Deep Space Nine), the show is "based" on the characters from the King novel. Hall plays Johnny Smith, a young man who wakes up from a coma after 6 years to find that he has psychic powers which allow him to see into the lives of anyone he touches.

While a bit silly at times, fans of Anthony Michael Hall will be pleased to see him as the star of his own series. The show often rips off old episodes of Millenium, The X-files and Quantum Leap, but it is still worth watching and I think it will get better and more original with each episode.

6.4 Million viewers tuned in to watch the premiere of The Dead Zone, setting the record as the highest rated debut of a series on the USA Network. Also, the show has broken the best ratings record in history for a series on cable, which was previously held by The Shield.

http://www.scifi.com/thedeadzone/

The Dead Zone is also a Dragonball Z movie that was released in America in 1997 and takes place a little bit before the first episode of the TV series.

In this movie, Garlic Junior, whose father was refused role as guardian of the earth, comes to the planet to exact revenge for his father's being locked away in a hell dimension.

Garlic's minions kidnap Gohan, Goku's son, not to draw out Goku, but rather because the child's hat has the four-star ball on it. Garlic's men succeed in gathering all seven Dragonballs and summon the Eternal Dragon. Garlic Junior then wishes for immortality, and the dragon grants his wish before vanishing and spreading all seven balls over the Earth once again.

Goku eventually comes to the aid of his dear son, and with the help of his then nemesis Piccolo, and his best friend Krillin, they waylay Garlic. But then he opens a gateway to the "Dead Zone," and only Gohan's hidden power that is released when he becomes very angry is enough to seal Garlic away right along with his wicked parent.

Piccolo lets Goku, Gohan, and Krillin live to fight another day, and all is well... for the next few days, at least.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.