Locateable at alt.religion.emacs, The Church of Emacs is a place for lost souls, vi users, to come, and take shelter in the elisp-buddah. True salvation and eternal joy is offered to sinful users of The Evil Editor, with only compassion and joy that their twisted souls have finally gone straight and chosen The One True Editor.

The Church of Emacs, also called: The Church of Evil, is a malvolent, potent, dangerous and CPU-consuming organisation of heretics, who abhore simplicity, beauty and functionality. If you get in touch with them you should read the :help files of your vi editor at least for the next two hours in an effort to save your soul.

"If you get in touch with them you should read the :help files of your vi editor at least for the next two hours in an effort to save your soul."

Bah humbug!

I tried this on my Solaris vi editor, a true model of elegance and simplicity. (I wrote this text)

:help
help: Not an editor command
OK, let's try it on an IRIX64 (version 6.5) box. Same same. What about Compa^WDigital^WDEC^WOSF/1? Same same same same!

Hmmm. Looks like the simplicity, beauty and functionality of the one true vi editor excludes divine :help.

Now hit C-h C-h C-h or C-h i and rejoice!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.