The X-files

The Blessing Way (Part 2 of 3)
Episode: 3X01
First aired:09/22/95
Written by: Chris Carter
Directed by: R. W. Goodwin

The season 3 premiere!

From the previous episode, Anasazi: Mulder finds Defense Department documents that may contain evidence of extraterrestrials. We leave off with Mulder seemingly trapped in a burning train car underneath ground.

Albert Hosteen, the Native American who is helping Scully and Mulder decipher the encrypted MJ documents. He speaks of people trying to change history by eliminating those who know it.

Suddenly, the Cigarette-Smoking Man and soldiers bust into Albert’s home and demand to know where Mulder is. The soldiers brutally beat Albert and his grandson, Eric. Scully arrives after they have left and is shocked to see the men so beat up. Scully goes to the car where Mulder was last seen only to find it smoldering. Soon after, her car is stopped by troops who take her printed copy of the documents.

Scully goes back to Washington where she learns she is suspended for direct disobedience. She believes Mulder is dead and tells Skinner that the men who killed him and his father wont be punished. Returning to her desk, she finds that the disc version of the files has been taken.

CSM meets with his buddies and tells them that everything is taken care of.

Scully visits her mother and bursts into tears saying she has made a terrible mistake. She is later visited by Frohike, a Lone Gunman. He shows her a newspaper article about the Thinker, the hacker who gave them the files, who has been murdered.

Mulder is found in New Mexico but is badly injured from the debris. We see Mulder’s dreams. In them, he is visited by Deep Throat who tells him to go back and finish his work. He is also visited by his father, who was killed in the previous episode. Mr. Mulder tells his son that if he was to die now, the truth would die.

Scully goes to tell Skinner of the Thinker’s death. Since she has been suspended, she must go through the regular door. There she goes through a metal detector, which goes off. It turns out she has a metal chip in the back of her neck, which she has removed. It looks like a small computer chip.

After three days of care from Albert, Mulder awakens. Scully talks to her sister, Melissa, who tells her to go under hypnotherapy to recall her abduction, which does but it doesn't go well. She returns to her apartment to find Skinner hurrying off. We see Scully’s dreams. I them Scully senses that Mulder is still alive.

Scully attends the funeral service for Mulder’s father. She encounters a man, the Well-Manicured Man, previously seen with CSM. He warns her that she is in real danger of being killed.

Mulder’s motoher returns from the funeral to find Mulder waiting for her. Scully receives a call from Melissa but she is wary when she returns to call and doesn’t reach her. Scull encounters Skinner who takes her to Mulder’s apartment. Scully doesn’t trust him and pulls a gun on him. Meanwhile Melissa arrives at Scully’s apartment and is shot by Krycek -- a mistaken identity.

In Mulder’s apartment, Scully and Skinner are suddenly locked in a stalemate with both guns drawn. They hear footsteps outside.

To be continued...
Important Quotes:
Scully -- "The investigation will be an exercise! The men who killed Agent Mulder, the people who killed his father, they aren't meant to be found."
Skinner -- "We will find them."
Scully -- "With all due respect, sir, I think you overestimate your position in the chain of command."

Scully -- "I've made a terrible mistake. Dad would be so ashamed of me."

Deep Throat (Mulder's dream) -- "There is truth here, old friend, if that's all you seek but there's no justice or judgment without which truth is a vast, dead hollow."

Skinner -- "Is this tape what Agent Mulder died for?"
Scully -- "I believe so."
Skinner -- "You want to bring me a smoking gun, Scully? You bring me this tape. Otherwise, I would ask you to go home, sit tight and let us do our job."

Albert -- "You must be careful now to end the ceremony properly. If you leave, you must not do any work, change clothes or bathe for four days."
Mulder -- "That's really going to cut into my social life."

Mulder (In Scully's dream) -- "I have been on the bridge that spans two worlds, the link between all souls by which we cross into our own true nature. You were here today, looking for truth that was taken from you, a truth that was never to be spoken but which now binds us together in dangerous purpose. I have returned from the dead to continue with you... but I fear that this danger is now close at hand... that I may be too late."


Back to The X-files: Season 3

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.