Have you ever wanted Thai, but either you don’t have any money, or you just don’t want to leave the house; and the Thai place doesn’t deliver? Well I was toying around in the kitchen one night, and I decided I should make a peanut Thai sauce. This is what I had in my kitchen:

Unfortunatly I wasn’t measuring when I made this recipe up, but this is what I did. First I took a HUGE glop of peanut butter (about half a jar of creamy Smucker's) which is about, 1 to 1 1/1 cups. Then I added soy sauce, and I added this while stirring, so I think I added about 3 Tbsp; I stirred until I had the smoothness I wanted. Then I added about a Tbsp of vinegar maybe one and a half, about like that. Then added the water to make it the consistency I wanted, so this will vary from person to person because the only reason for adding water is to decrease the viscosity. I also added hot red pepper to taste (since we like hot things I added about 3 tsp.)

I haven't tried it with white wine, though I think you could substitute the vinegar with white wine if you want to cook with the sauce. I made stir-fry the other day, and added a little bit more water and a little bit of cornstarch to make it thicken. This came out very nice.

I made the sauce into a salad dressing by adding more vinegar.



I made an awesome stir-fry with this sauce, it had:

Add oil to a HOT wok, and stir in sliced chicken, when mostly white add the vegetables, and cook until vegetables are the consistency you desire. Add sauce and stir until bubbly. Serve with rice or over noodles.




I made up this sauce recipe on July 8th, 2003

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.