Terror sex is sexual activity that occurs during or after a life-threatening crisis, and in respone to that crisis. People involved, either directly, or indirectly, suddenly have the urge for intimate physical contact with someone else. This may be partially due to just fear for their life, attempting to get one last orgasm in, an effect of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, a conscious or subconscious drive to have children to replace the people lost, or who knows what else?

Stories of such have abounded. Books tell of tales during World War II, where people hiding in bunkers during the bombing of London, or people being rounded up for the concentration camps, would just grab strangers and start to kiss and do whatever else they had time for.

This has been going on in large scale in New York after the World Trade Center terrorism. Bars that the firemen and other rescue workers frequent are now packed with people, mainly women, looking to get picked up by a group that has become some of the biggest heroes in the eyes of many people. Rumors spread of women who haven't had sex in years who are suddenly there almost every day with one fireman or another.

As mentioned above, crisis often brings out the desire for a sexual release. For any crisis, there are two times this can happen: during, and after.

Please note: I am attempt to take a very objective view of this and thus it may seem a bit cold and heartless. Furthermore, this is purely speculative - I am neither a psychologist nor have I been in or near any such crisis.


I don't want to die a virgin

Just before and during a crisis when death seems imminent, it is often the wish for the last minutes to be pleasurable. Once again, there are to possible 'programmed' reasons - one, is the last minutes being pleasurable (as mentioned above), the other is for the chance that the female will survive (women and children first?) in which case the act has possibility of preserving some of the genes of the male.


After a crisis where many die the population decline may trigger the need to procreate - especially among the survivors and heroes of the crisis. In theory, these individuals are the most suited to the environment. Picture, if you will, a hypothetical land where every 25 years half the population is wiped out. For those who remain, the group (be it people, monkeys, lions, or what have you) must have children if it is to survive the next crisis. With many animals, it is often the case that the loss of the offspring will bring the females into heat again. While this may not be exactly the case with humans, it is not impossible that some of that biological drive still exists.

"Terror Sex" can be described as a phenomena closely related to post-breakup sex (with someone other than your previous significant other, of course) in some situations.

Scenario A: You've been raped and/or sexually assualted (both in one month, for me). This has shattered you emotionally, yet sex itself is not the problem - the perpetrator is. You want to erase this memory, but settle on replacing it with another sexual encounter. Can't we just fuck and feel good about it?

Scenario B: You've just broken up. You feel rejected, lonely, and worst of all, horny. It may not be emotional, but you'll have a warm body next to you and an orgasm (if you're lucky).

Echoing Saige, sex can be a quick (if superficial) answer to fear and loneliness.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.