This cheesy comedy released in 1985 was directed by Rod Daniel. It was written by Joseph Loeb III and Matthew Weisman. The cast includes Michael J. Fox, James Hampton, Susan Ursitti, Jerry Levine, Matt Adler, Lori Griffin, Jim McKrell, and more.

He always wanted to be special... but he never expected this!

Scott Howard (Michael J. Fox) is your average highschooler. He plays basketball, but the team is horrible. He is constantly dreaming of being cool and being something more. He hangs out with his friends Stiles (Jerry Levine), and Lisa "Boof" Marconi (Susan Ursitti). One day strange things start to happen to Scott and it isn't normal puberty. Scott's dad Howard (James Hampton) reveals to him that they are werewolves. Suddenly Scott becomes popular because he can "wolf-out" and when he is the wolf he is good at basketball, he can standup for himself, and he is cool. But he starts to realize people only like the wolf and he is just a freak to many.

Oh sure it was cheesy, heck it was cheesy when it first came out, but I'm sure most of us that were young in the 80s saw this movie. Michael J. Fox was huge at this point. He had just had a huge success with Back to the Future and Family Ties was still on TV. And let's face it a lot of people are fascinated by the preternatural even if cheesy. In the end even though it didn't offer much it was a fun family movie.

There was a sequel called Teen Wolf Too.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.