A state of mind that affects many non-technical people. Causes the affected person to place great faith in either technology itself or the people who operate technology
Example: I was asked to troubleshoot a Microsoft Cluster Server this morning. The cluster could not fail over onto one of the nodes. The steps I took to fix this problem:
- I attempted to fail over onto the affected node.
- When this didn't work, I noted what went wrong.
- I checked the NT system event log and noted the error code.
- I looked the error code up on google.
- I printed out the page that explained the error, and went back to the server room
- I fixed the error and rebooted the node.
- I ensured that the cluster could fail over properly.
Because of these simple steps, I was treated (albeit briefly) like a God by the managers in charge of my Project.
I cannot explain this.
I would like to hear your thoughts and stories on this...