Technics SL 1200 MK2 Specs:

A line of turntables designed and distributed by Technics. Considered by many to be the only choice for real DJ'ing by virtue of their quality.

Some of the specifics of the 1200 series that puts it above the pack are:

  • Sound quality
  • Startup/Spindown speed (full speed reached in 500ms)
  • Pitch control quality. If the pitch contol is moved, even in the slightest way possible, it will vary the pitch by that amount (some cheaper turntables don't have the accuracy needed to beatmatch)

SL-1200

This is the model number of a Technics's brand turntable. This turntable has been around since the early 1970s and was marketed for audiophiles. In the late 70s, its design was tweaked to specifications which exist today.

A pair of this model turntable appears in any good nightclub. There is no better turntable for DJs. It's qualities such as its high torque (which allows it to spin the record up to the proper speed faster) and durability made it the turntable to beat.

If you're just learning how to be a DJ and you really want to learn, do not buy any other turntable than the Technics SL-1200s.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.