Tatties and ‘Kraut
Leaving the skins intact, cut potatoes into approximately one and one-half inch irregular chunks. Coat with a mixture of melted butter and olive oil, salt liberally and roast. Drain tinned sauerkraut and rinse in warm water, squeezing to extract the liquid it was packed in. Place the sauerkraut in a bowl and add the fresh juices of lime and lemon, lemon zest, and fresh cracked black peppercorns. Warm the sauerkraut and toss with the cooked potatoes. Serve on a shallow platter.

Garlic Soup
Cut halved white onion into quarter inch slices. Cut peeled cloves of garlic into approximately quarter inch chunks. Sauté the onions and garlic in extra virgin olive oil and and a bit of kosher salt, until light gold-brown. Add to boiling vegetable stock and season with salt, fresh cracked black peppercorns, tarragon, dried parsley and add enough ground turmeric to imbue a golden tint. Peel hardboiled eggs and place one in each soup bowl. Add about two tablespoons of diced seeded roma tomatoes and a few one inch squares of toasted bread. Ladle the soup over the egg, tomato, and toast and serve.

Asparagus 'Slaw
Cut asparagus stalks into one quarter inch rounds (an excellent way to use up stalks) and combine with red and savoy cabbage cut into one quarter inch strips and Padamo parmesan sliced with a vegetable peeler. Season with extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, salt and fresh cracked black peppercorns. Garnish with extra slices of padamo parmesan and serve chilled.

Would you like to go to Vegetarian Meals That Aren't Just Brown Gack?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.