From the index of "Sepher Yezirah, A Book on Creation":

Note 40:

Some maintain that by the expression Tali is understood the constellation Draco or Dragon, which is a very large constellation extending for a great length from East to West; beginning at the tail which lies half way between the Pointers and the Pole Star, and winding round between the Great and Little Bear by a continued succession of bright stars from 5 to 10 degrees asunder, it coils round under the feet of the Little Bear, sweeps round the pole of the ecliptic, and terminates in a trapezium formed by four conspicuous stars from 30 to 35 degrees from North Pole. Dr. Steinsheneider (See Magazin fuer Literatur des Auslanders, 1845) and Dr. Cassel (in his commentary of the book entitled Kusari,) maintain that the ancient Jewish astronomers signified by the word Tali, not the constellation Draco, but the line which joins together the two points in which the orbit of the Moon intercepts the elliptic (Dragon's head and tail). Dr. Cassel is of the opinion that our author meant here, probably the invisible, celestial universal axis that carries the whole Universe.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.