Five Iron Frenzy's final album, as after almost eight years as a band and much prayer, the members have decided that it is time to move on to other things (and in the case of some members, this simply means moving on to other bands such as Brave Saint Saturn and Guerilla Rodeo).

Regardless, it is clear that they did not simply create this album as an afterthought in order to cash in on their ‘death’. Personally, I think that this is one of their best albums to date. While the sound is similar to the “rock with horns” of (Five Iron Frenzy 2: Electric Boogaloo) but with more involvement from the horn section, the lyrics show a lot more depth and diversity. From the zany “That's How the Story Ends” or “So Far, So Bad” to the reflectiveNew Year’s Eve” and worshipful “On Distant Shores,” it is clear that writing did not take a back seat to time constraints.

Douglas Ten Napel returned to do the artwork for the liner notes, creating a 15 page ‘graphic novelette’ that invents the story of Five Iron Frenzy from their beginning to their end.

    Track List:
  1. Cannonball
  2. At Least I’m Not Like All Those Other Old Guys
  3. So Far, So Bad
  4. New Years Eve
  5. American Kryptonite
  6. It Was Beautiful
  7. Wizard Needs Food, Badly
  8. Farewell To Arms
  9. (New lyrics from the original, unreleased track)
  10. See the Flames Begin to Crawl
  11. Anchors Away
  12. Something Like Laughter
  13. That’s How the Story Ends
  14. On Distant Shores
  15. LOL
  16. (Hidden Track)

Produced by Maski and Five Iron Frenzy
Executive Producer: Frank Tate
Copyright 2003 Five Minute Walk Films, Inc.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.