Surah 83 Defrauding - Al-Mutaffifin, 36 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Woe to those that deal in fraud,-
- Those who, when they have to receive by measure
from men, exact full measure,
- But when they have to give by measure or weight to
men, give less than due.
- Do they not think that they will be called to
- On a Mighty Day,
- A Day when (all) mankind will stand before the Lord
of the Worlds?
- Day! Surely the record of the wicked is (preserved)
- And what will explain to thee what Sijjin is?
- (There is) a Register (fully) inscribed.
- Woe, that Day, to those that deny-
- Those that deny the Day of Judgment.
- And none can deny it but the Transgressor beyond
bounds the Sinner!
- When Our Signs are rehearsed to him, he says,
"Tales of the ancients!"
- By no means! but on their hearts is the stain of
the (ill) which they do!
- Verily, from (the Light of) their Lord, that Day,
will they be veiled.
- Further, they will enter the Fire of Hell.
- Further, it will be said to them: "This is the
(reality) which ye rejected as false!
- Day, verily the record of the Righteous is
(preserved) in 'Illiyin.
- And what will explain to thee what 'Illiyun is?
- (There is) a Register (fully) inscribed,
- To which bear witness those Nearest (to God).
- Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss:
- On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight
(of all things):
- Thou wilt recognise in their faces the beaming
brightness of Bliss.
- Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed:
- The seal thereof will be Musk: And for this let
those aspire, who have aspirations:
- With it will be (given) a mixture of Tasnim:
- A spring, from (the waters) whereof drink those
Nearest to God.
- Those in sin used to laugh at those who believed,
- And whenever they passed by them, used to wink at
each other (in mockery);
- And when they returned to their own people, they
would return jesting;
- And whenever they saw them, they would say,
"Behold! These are the people truly astray!"
- But they had not been sent as keepers over them!
- But on this Day the Believers will laugh at the
- On Thrones (of Dignity) they will command (a sight)
(of all things).
- Will not the Unbelievers have been paid back for
what they did?
Surah 82 The Cleaving
Surah 83 Defrauding
Surah 84 The Sundering