Surah 81 The Overthrowing - At-Takwir, 29 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- When the sun (with its spacious light) is folded
- When the stars fall, losing their lustre;
- When the mountains vanish (like a mirage);
- When the she-camels, ten months with young, are
- When the wild beasts are herded together (in the
- When the oceans boil over with a swell;
- When the souls are sorted out, (being joined, like
- When the female (infant), buried alive, is
- For what crime she was killed;
- When the scrolls are laid open;
- When the world on High is unveiled;
- When the Blazing Fire is kindled to fierce heat;
- And when the Garden is brought near;-
- (Then) shall each soul know what it has put
- So verily I call to witness the planets - that
- Go straight, or hide;
- And the Night as it dissipates;
- And the Dawn as it breathes away the darkness;-
- Verily this is the word of a most honourable
- Endued with Power, with rank before the Lord of the
- With authority there, (and) faithful to his trust.
- And (O people!) your companion is not one
- And without doubt he saw him in the clear horizon.
- Neither doth he withhold grudgingly a knowledge of
- Nor is it the word of an evil spirit accursed.
- When whither go ye?
- Verily this is no less than a Message to (all) the
- (With profit) to whoever among you wills to go
- But ye shall not will except as God wills,- the
Cherisher of the Worlds.
Surah 80 He Frowned!
Surah 81 The Overthrowing
Surah 82 The Cleaving