Surah 71 Noah - Nuh, 28 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- We sent Noah to his People (with the Command): "Do
thou warn thy People before there comes to them a
- He said: "O my People! I am to you a Warner, clear
- "That ye should worship God, fear Him and obey me:
- "So He may forgive you your sins and give you
respite for a stated Term: for when the Term given by
God is accomplished, it cannot be put forward: if ye
- He said: "O my Lord! I have called to my People
night and day:
- "But my call only increases (their) flight (from
- "And every time I have called to them, that Thou
mightest forgive them, they have (only) thrust their
fingers into their ears, covered themselves up with
their garments, grown obstinate, and given themselves
up to arrogance.
- "So I have called to them aloud;
- "Further I have spoken to them in public and
secretly in private,
- "Saying, 'Ask forgiveness from your Lord; for He is
- "'He will send rain to you in abundance;
- "'Give you increase in wealth and sons; and bestow
on you gardens and bestow on you rivers (of flowing
- "'What is the matter with you, that ye place not
your hope for kindness and long-suffering in God,-
- "'Seeing that it is He that has created you in
- "'See ye not how God has created the seven heavens
one above another,
- "'And made the moon a light in their midst, and
made the sun as a (Glorious) Lamp?
- "'And God has produced you from the earth growing
- "'And in the End He will return you into the
(earth), and raise you forth (again at the
- "'And God has made the earth for you as a carpet
- "'That ye may go about therein, in spacious
- Noah said: "O my Lord! They have disobeyed me, but
they follow (men) whose wealth and children give them
no increase but only Loss.
- "And they have devised a tremendous Plot.
- "And they have said (to each other), 'Abandon not
your gods: Abandon neither Wadd nor Suwa', neither
Yaguth nor Ya'uq, nor Nasr';-
- "They have already misled many; and grant Thou no
increase to the wrong-doers but in straying (from their
- Because of their sins they were drowned (in the
flood), and were made to enter the Fire (of
Punishment): and they found- in lieu of God- none to
- And Noah, said: "O my Lord! Leave not of the
Unbelievers, a single one on earth!
- "For, if Thou dost leave (any of) them, they will
but mislead Thy devotees, and they will breed none but
wicked ungrateful ones.
- "O my Lord! Forgive me, my parents, all who enter
my house in Faith, and (all) believing men and
believing women: and to the wrong-doers grant Thou no
increase but in perdition!"
Surah 70 The Ascending Stairways
Surah 71 Noah
Surah 72 The Jinn