Surah 67 The Sovereignty - Al-Mulk, 30 verses (Makka)
In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.
- Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion; and He
over all things hath Power;-
- He Who created Death and Life, that He may try
which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in
- He Who created the seven heavens one above another:
No want of proportion wilt thou see in the Creation of
(God) Most Gracious. So turn thy vision again: seest
thou any flaw?
- Again turn thy vision a second time: (thy) vision
will come back to thee dull and discomfited, in a state
- And we have, (from of old), adorned the lowest
heaven with Lamps, and We have made such (Lamps) (as)
missiles to drive away the Evil Ones, and have prepared
for them the Penalty of the Blazing Fire.
- For those who reject their Lord (and Cherisher) is
the Penalty of Hell: and evil is (such), Destination.
- When they are cast therein, they will hear the
(terrible) drawing in of its breath even as it blazes
- Almost bursting with fury: Every time a Group is
cast therein, its Keepers will ask, "Did no Warner come
- They will say: "Yes indeed; a Warner did come to
us, but we rejected him and said, 'God never sent down
any (Message): ye are nothing but an egregious
- They will further say: "Had we but listened or used
our intelligence, we should not (now) be among the
Companions of the Blazing Fire!"
- They will then confess their sins: but far will be
(Forgiveness) from the Companions of the Blazing Fire!
- As for those who fear their Lord unseen, for them
is Forgiveness and a great Reward.
- And whether ye hide your word or publish it, He
certainly has (full) knowledge, of the secrets of (all)
- Should He not know,- He that created? and He is the
One that understands the finest mysteries (and) is
well-acquainted (with them).
- It is He Who has made the earth manageable for you,
so traverse ye through its tracts and enjoy of the
Sustenance which He furnishes: but unto Him is the
- Do ye feel secure that He Who is in heaven will not
cause you to be swallowed up by the earth when it
shakes (as in an earthquake)?
- Or do ye feel secure that He Who is in Heaven will
not send against you a violent tornado (with showers of
stones), so that ye shall know how (terrible) was My
- But indeed men before them rejected (My warning):
then how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)?
- Do they not observe the birds above them, spreading
their wings and folding them in? None can uphold them
except (God) Most Gracious: Truly (God) Most Gracious:
Truly it is He that watches over all things.
- Nay, who is there that can help you, (even as) an
army, besides (God) Most Merciful? In nothing but
delusion are the Unbelievers.
- Or who is there that can provide you with
Sustenance if He were to withhold His provision? Nay,
they obstinately persist in insolent impiety and flight
(from the Truth).
- Is then one who walks headlong, with his face
grovelling, better guided,- or one who walks evenly on
a Straight Way?
- Say: "It is He Who has created you (and made you
grow), and made for you the faculties of hearing,
seeing, feeling and understanding: little thanks it is
- Say: "It is He Who has multiplied you through the
earth, and to Him shall ye be gathered together."
- They ask: When will this promise be (fulfilled)? -
If ye are telling the truth.
- Say: "As to the knowledge of the time, it is with
God alone: I am (sent) only to warn plainly in public."
- At length, when they see it close at hand, grieved
will be the faces of the Unbelievers, and it will be
said (to them): "This is (the promise fulfilled), which
ye were calling for!"
- Say: "See ye?- If God were to destroy me, and those
with me, or if He bestows His Mercy on us,- yet who can
deliver the Unbelievers from a grievous Penalty?"
- Say: "He is (God) Most Gracious: We have believed
in Him, and on Him have we put our trust: So, soon will
ye know which (of us) it is that is in manifest error."
- Say: "See ye?- If your stream be some morning lost
(in the underground earth), who then can supply you
with clear-flowing water?"
Surah 66 Banning
Surah 67 The Sovereignty
Surah 68 The Pen