The first water gun in the Super Soaker line to use a fundamentally different way of propelling water than the first guns. Improvements up to this time had essentially been evolutionary in nature, allowing for higher capacity, slightly better range, and a few novelties like variable nozzle size. The first revolution since the original Super Soaker was the so-called "CPS", Constant Pressure System, that claimed to provide a stream of water that didn't peter out as internal air pressure decreased. The first gun to use this system was the Super Soaker 2000, the biggest, most phallic super soaker at the time

I was frankly skeptical of the gun's ability to deliver on its advertising; although I'd had many Super Soakers before, and all of them (except for the 200, which was crap) basically worked as advertised. Still, my curiosity was overcome, and I plunked down the 30+ dollars to buy the thing.

Upon inspection, it seemed that either it would be the most fearsome water weapon short of a hose, or it would suck. The nozzle was roughly half an inch wide. I filled it up and pumped it up to full pressure as indicated by the pressure gauge on the side. I pulled the trigger.

The Super Soaker 2000 is the first water gun I've ever used that has perceptible recoil. The amount of water it delivers is stunning, a half-inch thick stream of H2O, speeding toward the doomed target for a good 40 feet or so. People won't get into water fights with you after seeing the capability of this gun, its performance is so overwhelming. The 2000 gave me two summers of tactical water gun supremacy before dying the death; I've found this to be about average for Super Soakers. Well worth the outlay of cash. The next water gun I buy will definitely be a CPS unit.

The Super Soaker CPS 2000 was released in 1996 and was the first member of the CPS family. It is the most powerful Super Soaker released to date, both in terms of range and flow rate. No Super Soaker made since come close to its power. Rumor has it that Larami had to tone down the power of subsequent guns after complaints that this one was too powerful.

To get you in the mood, some stats:

  • Dimensions: 87cm x 13 cm x 30 cm
  • Reservoir Volume: 3.1L
  • Firing chamber volume: 900mL
  • Pump volume: 31 mL
  • Flow rate : 849 mL/s
  • Range (flat) : 8-10m
  • Range (45 degrees) : 14-16m
849 mL/s may not mean much too you, I'll just say that it's enough to get you very wet very quickly. It's also quite a bit more that other guns, the second most powerful Super Soaker (the Super Soaker 2500) only has a flow rate of 684mL/s. It completely outclasses guns in the XP series, which tend to have flow rates below 100mL/s.

The Super Soaker 2000's high flow rate makes totally soaking people very easy, but does has disadvantages. As you can see, your firing chamber only gives you a second of continuous fire, after which you will need to repressurize. 3.1 L may seem like a big reservoir, but with the CPS 2000, that only adds up to about 3.5 seconds of firing time. Later models allowed you to switch to a smaller nozzle to save water.

Although it is a bit of a beast of a gun, the CPS 2000 is a nice weapon to have around, as it outranges all the other Super Soakers and a single blast can drench someone. It is however very easy to use all your water up without noticing. You would be well advised to keep extra water and a secondary weapon handy.A nice feature is the track mounted pump. Pumps on other super soakers tend to be a weak spot as it is all too easy to break them while trying to pump too hard. It also has a gauge so you can see how full the firing chamber is.

The range of the CPS 2000 makes it ideal for shooting tourists in punts from a bridge or for punt warfare. Even if you don't have an interest in either of those activities it's worth having a CPS 2000 just for the looks people give you.

stats from www.isoaker.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.