Sun Crumbs is a trans-cultural multi-arts non profit organization in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Sun Crumbs produces a wide variety of performances and provides exhibition space to emerging and established individual artists including: The Pittsburgh Poetry Slam, The Sun Crumbs Text Art Series, The Bust-A-Myth Series, two interdisciplinary collaborative productions and 4 exhibitions of visual art each year.

“The productions and exhibitions of Sun Crumbs communicate the artistic vision of its founders, Christiane Leach and Christina Springer. This vision assumes that creative dialogue, intellectual inquiry and community outreach are an integral part of an artist's professional development. Based on the saying: "each one teach one," Sun Crumbs fosters a climate of support, encouragement and growth. "In addition, we create a sense of intimacy and community based on the values of mutual respect and dialogue.”

Sun Crumbs is run by working artists who are working on behalf of artists. “By sharing our artistic vision with other artists, we create interdisciplinary collaborative artworks and/or visual explorations of topical concern to our communities. Through the process of formalized networking and sharing resources, creative discussions are formalized into shows.”

www.suncrumbs.org

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.