A log flume style ride in Critter Country at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, California. Splash Mountain was opened on July 17, 1989, and is based on the motion picture "Song of the South" (which is not sold in the U.S.) and shares the theme song, "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah." The attraction’s 15 scenes "follow Brer Rabbit as he searches for his laughing place. Close to his heels are Brer Bear and Brer Fox." The attraction includes 103 Audio-Animatronics figures (21 of which are singing). These Animatronics make-up all but two of the robots from the America Sings attraction (closed in 1988); these 2 now reside in the queue of Star Tours over in Tomorrowland. This is the largest number of Audio-Animatronics to ever be put in one attraction.

The very top of the mountain has a whopping elevation of 87 feet, and is named Chickapin Hill. The attraction has three sizeable drops with the largest being the final drop of 52.5 feet with speeds reaching over 40 mph (this is where they take your picture). The length of the flume is about 1 mile, and is covered in about 9.5 minutes.

The Disneyland Resort has imposed a 40-inch minimum height and 3-year minimum age for guest safety.


Sources:
http://www.mouseinfo.com/disneylandresort/disneyland/crittercountry/attractions/splashmountain/info.php

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.