This dish is quick and easy to prepare. If you want to impress your guests (or your date) this works better than the basic spaghetti aglio e olio.

Ok, the bottarga can be hard to find outside the mediterranean basin; one more reason to visit Sardinia. (Actually I've found several sites that sell it, even in the States).

(I've said that it's a quick recipe, now I realize that I've written a whole page. Don't be afraid; these are step-by-little-step instructions in case you've never been in a kitchen before).

Ingredients for two servings:

Bring two liters of water to a boil, add the salt, and cook the pasta according to the package directions, stirring from time to time.

Tip n.1 some people add a few drops of oil to the water before adding the pasta, so it won't clump together.

When it's nearly done start fishing a spaghetto once in a while, and eat it. When it's perfectly cooked drain the pasta.

While the pasta boils prepare the bottarga sauce. This takes only five minutes, with some practice it will be ready at the same time as the pasta. Put the oil, the parsley and the garlic in a pan on a low flame; when the garlic starts to turn golden add the crumbed bread and stir for a minute.

Tip n.2: crumbed bread is great to give more texture to your sauce, to thicken it if it's too runny and to make it stick to the spaghetti.

Slowly add the white wine.

Tip n.3: if your mix is too thick, use some wine instead of water to dilute it. This holds true for many pasta recipes (choose red or white wine according to the rest of the ingredients).

In this case though, we added the wine because...

Tip n.4: ...flavorful ingredients taste better if the oil is not too hot. The wine lowers the temperature so that you can safely...

...add the bottarga, stir briefly, and if you are a magician at this point the pasta will be ready too. Put the pasta back in the pot, add the mix, stir well and serve hot.

IANAC, but I play one for my friends.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.