Disclaimer: The following node contains dark Occult information and/or rituals. It may be considered morally innappropriate and may even be illegal where you live. I do not neccessarily believe the following information to be factual, however it is believed so by Occultists and/or mythological texts. What you do with this information is your own choice, and if you choose to follow these ritual(s) and you hurt yourself, you do it at your own risk. You have been warned.

A stone recognized for its power of imprisoning souls within its confines. It is used in some of the darker aspects of the Occult, and is used to trap summoned souls in it, in order to forge a number of souls into one, then to release them as a Wraith. The Wraith, being the culmination of several souls, would be extremely powerful, and after a few necromantic spells, could be brought under control. Hence, the soulstone was/is mostly used by necromancers, as they would be the only ones able to control it. In mythology, however, there are numerous tales of evil witches imprisoning souls within stones so that they can gain the power of the souls through the stone.

A soulstone can be created by the following ritual:

1. Bring your cauldron to boiling point, stirring it all along.
2. When the cauldron is ready, add a pinch of ginger, two pinches of rosemary and a spoonful of sage.
3. While chanting, "By blood and bone I bind this stone", repeatedly, draw blood from your middle finger, squeezing one drop into the cauldron, and then running your finger over the stone you wish to make a soulstone.
4. Drop the stone into the cauldron, then stir the cauldron while chanting, "Into the brew ye go, a soulstone to ye shall be", repeatedly for five minutes.
5. Leave the stone to cultivate over the next two days. Precisely 72 hours after you placed the stone in the brew, your soulstone shall be ready.

Once the stone was completed, the necromancer would raise a soul with a necromantic rite, and would ensnare the soul with the following chant:

"Into the stone, you shall go. Into the stone, your essence shall flow."

As the necromancer repeated the chant the soul would be drawn in. If the soul was too powerful it could escape. If the soul was extremely powerful (usually an evil soul), it could turn on the necromancer and kill him. Same goes for witches or any other person using the soulstone.

In the Warhammer 40k universe, Soulstones are used by the Eldar to capture their souls upon death, saving them from being consumed by Slaneesh.

The reason they drew the ire of Slaneesh is they were the dominant species in the galaxy in the past and became prideful and decadent. Their extreme debauchery awoke She Who Thirsts from her slumber and brought her back to the universe. Even to this day, she lies in wait to consume Eldar souls.

Soulstones are incorporated into the body armor of every Eldar warrior; they are usually located above the heart. They appear as ordinary gemstones but act as a receptacle for the soul in the event that the Eldar is slain. The stones are collected from the bodies of the slain soldiers and taken back to their Craftworld.

The soulstones are stored in a central chamber, an area held in awe and silent regard for the dead. While their physical bodies have passed on, the power of the soulstones is often harnessed by the Eldar both for mystical purposes and to assist in enhancing their war machines.

An Eldar Farseer can enter the central chamber and commune with the spirits who reside there. By doing this, they are able to foresee the consequences and repercussions that their actions will have on the future. Farseers use this knowledge to assist in guiding the actions of their Craftworld to help better the odds for Eldar survivability. Farseers can also utilize the force of the soulstones to assist with channeling their psychic powers.

The soulstones of fallen warriors are often used to control powerful mecha-like battle units of Wraithguard and the fearsome Wraithlord. The souls of the dead warriors bring their skills from the past to animate these wraith units to assist the living in battle. Eldar vehicles are often outfitted with soulstones. When the crew of the transport is shaken or stunned from incoming enemy fire, the soulstone may assume the functions of the machine, guiding it and firing its weapons, until the crew can return to their capacities.

The Eldar long for the day when Slaanesh is defeated and the soulstones can be broken, releasing the souls imprisoned there for so long.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.