Ex-green beret quasi-criminal badass star of the films "Escape from New York" and "Escape from L.A." Portrayed by Kurt Russell and directed by John Carpenter, Snake was the proto-typical anti hero. He was forced into saving the presidents life in the first movie and then fell for the same gag and was forced to save the presidents daughter in the second.

In "Escape from New York" Snake triumphs by shooting his way out of the penal colony of the future, Manhattan, by making uneasy alliances and performing amazing actions of marksmanship and physical agility, all the while snearing and exuding visible "mean" waves.

Twenty years later the actor/director duo combined forces again to create the sequel "Escape from L.A" In the intervening years the first film had gained some cult favor. The two in charge somehow got the impression that the films popularity was due to it's campiness.

Consequently, "Escape form L.A" is a bit of a lame duck, wherein Snake saves the day by making uneasy alliances and performing ludicrously laughable actions of marksmanship and physical agility, all the while snearing and exuding visible "mean" waves.

The end has a bit of a plot twist though. Instead of saving the presidents daughter, Snake activates a satellite born EMP weapon, or some such movie gibberish, that destroys all technology and is supposed to revert the earth back to primitive technologies. How this was supposed to be good wasn't really discussed for very long or in an intelligent manner, leaving the audience with the same sour mouth taste they got from Steven Seagals preachy oil speech from the end of On Deadly Ground.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.