The following is a list of radio frequencies that the Skytrain staff and security constables use to communicate with one another. I am unsure of the location of each of the radio repeaters, however, it is a safe assumption to say that if you are near to a Skytrain station, then you should have little difficulty picking up the radio traffic. Personally, I am located in north Burnaby, and am able to pickup 90% of the traffic with little or no interference, whereas the remaining 10% of communication is probably on a repeater further away.

Please keep in mind the law and your legal rights while scanning these frequencies. In Canada, scanning is legal so long as you do not divulge any information heard.


  • 410.0625MHz - Primary communications and mainline control channel for staff and security.
  • 410.2875MHz - Secondary communications and mainline control channel for staff and security.
  • 410.4875MHz - Tertiary communications and mainline control channel for staff and security. Appears to be reserved for maintenance and emergencies only.
  • 410.7875MHz - On-board PA Announcements. Although, this frequency will sometimes broadcast a strange signal that sounds not unlike a carrier signal of some sort. If this frequency is broadcasting the carrier signal, try scanning 411.0625MHz instead. Likewise, 411.0625 may have a carrier, thus making 410.7875 the correct channel to scan.
  • 413.6875MHz - This channel is allocated for 'on-board emergency strips', although all I've ever heard broadcasted here is a morse code message of some kind. Interestingly, the morse always seems to be followed by a broadcast from Skytrain control announcing that someone's hit a passenger strip on a train, so, it must have something to do with that.
  • 460.3375MHz - This is one of the two bridge repeaters. It appears to be reserved for Skytrain maintenance.
  • 460.6875MHz - This is the second of two bridge repeaters. It appears to be reserved for Skytrain maintenance.

If you know of any other Skytrain-related frequencies, or, if you have any other information about the use of the various frequencies, either create a writeup below, or /MSG me.

Log in or registerto write something here or to contact authors.