The Sith were a race of fanatical dark-jedi who, in their following of the dark path, managed to eventually pervert themselves to the point of becoming a different race. They eventually scurried off, having found a planet all their own, which they would use as a base of operations to hone their dark skills. The Sith were already dead by A New Hope because, incidentally, the entire Sith race was exterminated when their home planet exploded. (The author is not sure of the exact chronology, but I believe that this had already happened by "Episode I" as well, which doesn't explain why or how Darth Maul got there.)

Also, Darth Sidious is NOT a Sith, he is obviously Senator Palpatine in a black cloak, they're the same actor for Christ's sake! As for Darth Vader, he attained the honorary title "Dark Lord of the Sith" by the being the meanest mo'fo around, not by actually being a Sith. Currently the Sith solar system is un-enterable, due to a heavy ring of planetary debris that surrounds the system. I gleaned this knowledge (although it isn't verbatim) from the Star Wars Universe A-Z.

About 50,000 years before the Battle of Yavin (Star Wars - Episode IV), a groups of rebellious Jedi were driven off the known space of the Republic, and ended up in a planet dominated by a primitive species called the Sith. The powerful dark jedis found it easy to dominate that race and claim their own empire. For more than 10,000 years the Sith Empire and the Republic grew together in the galaxy, each one thinking of the other as ruined and lost in time.

The Sith managed to find the Republic and started the Great Hyperspace War. The Sith as a race died in this war, but the dark spirit of their lords, descendants of the dark jedis that once came to them as Gods survived to attract more believers to the Sith cause. Eventually, some jedi were lured to the Dark Side and start studying the old Sith black magic. These new Dark Lord of the Sith were not of the Sith race, but by using their knowledge and techniques, they gave the word Sith a new meaning: that of a religious path of Dark Side of the Force users. In the time from Episode I to Episode VI, the term Sith is used to mean the religion not the race.

As stated in one of the later books "Masters of the Force", the Sith were the Lords on Yavin IV (its moon), where the Rebel Base is situated in Episode IV, and where the newly formed Jedi Academy is.

Exar Kun was the last and most powerful Lord that ruled the natives of Yavin IV, The Massassi that also built the well-known temples there.

Exar Kun constructed the temples so that his spirit would be conserved for eternety, but Luke's jedis have woken up his spirit and he could convert some to the dark side and kill them.

He was the last Lord of the Sith, and he has also taken possession of Darth Vader, maybe even Emperor Palpatine. At least this is stated in the book.

Sith (?), prep., adv., & conj. [See Since.]

Since; afterwards; seeing that.

[Obs.]

We need not fear them, sith Christ is with us. Latimer.

Sith thou art rightful judge. Chaucer.

 

© Webster 1913.


Sith (?), Sithe (?), n. [AS. a path, way, time, occasion.]

Time.

[Obs.]

Chaucer.

And humbly thanked him a thousand sithes. Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.