British comic, actor and writer probably best known for co-writing and starring in the Channel 4 uber-sitcom Spaced. Born in Gloucester on February 14th 1970, he began performing comedy in 1991 after graduating from Bristol University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in theatre, film and television.

In 1993, he moved to London to further establish himself on the stand-up comedy circuit which led in 1995 to a part in a little-known sketch show called Six Pairs Of Pants and a meeting with his future writing partner Jessica Stevenson.

He continued to perform live comedy, taking his one-man show to the comedy festivals in Edinburgh, Adelaide and Wellington, taking the opportunity with the latter two to tour around Australia and New Zealand while he was there. On returning to England in 1996, he got his first national UK television role playing Jools alongside Lynda Bellingham and Julia Sawahla in the sit-com Faith in The Future. His second television role, Asylum, teamed him up once again with Jessica Stevenson and also the future-director of Spaced, Edgar Wright. Edgar and Simon teamed up again (along with most of the main Spaced cast) on writing and directing duties on the BritRomZomCom Shaun Of The Dead, a title that parodies Dawn Of The Dead and appeared in cinemas alongside the remake of the same film it has a comedic pop at.

Other notable television appearances include Hippies and Big Train, a sit-com and sketch show respectively both by Father Ted writers Arthur Matthews and Graham Linehan, I'm Alan Partridge alongside Steve Coogan and Is It Bill Bailey? with, quel surprise, Bill Bailey. Also the advert for that cough medicine and a small role alongside David Schwimmer in the Steven Speilberg television drama Band Of Brothers.

Nowadays, Pegg's best-known works include The Cornetto Trilogy (Shaun of the Dead (2004), Hot Fuzz (2007) and World's End (2013)), with each film being a standalone work but nevertheless parts of a trilogy, and his taking over for James Doohan as Scotty in J.J. Abrams' rebooted Star Trek film series.

the inevitable ography

2014: Hector and the Search for Happiness Hector
2013: World's End Gary King (also co-writer)
2013: Star Trek Into Darkness Lt. Cmdr. Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
2012: Ice Age: Continental Drift Buck (voice)
2012: A Fantastic Fear of Everything Jack
2011: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol Benji Dunn
2011: The Death and Return of Superman John Landis
2011: The Adventures of Tintin Thompson (voice)
2011: Paul Graeme Willy (also co-writer)
2010: The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader Reepicheep (voice)
2010: Burke and Hare William Burke
2009: Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs Buck (voice)
2009: Star Trek Lt. Cmdr. Montgomery "Scotty" Scott
2008: How To Lose Friends & Alienate People Sidney Young
2007: Hot Fuzz Nicholas Angel (also co-writer)
2007: Run, Fatboy, Run Dennis (also co-writer)
2007: Grindhouse Bearded Cannibal ("Don't" segment)
2007: The Good Night Paul
2006: Big Nothing Gus
2006: Mission: Impossible III Benji Dunn
2005: The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse Peter Cow
2004: Shaun Of The Dead the titular Shaun and also co-writer along with Edgar Wright
2001: 24 Hour Party People Journalist
2001: Band of Brothers Sgt. William Evans
2001: The Parole Officer Deflated husband
2001: Comic Relief: Say Pants to Poverty "Popsters" segment
2000: Brass Eye Spokesman for Milit-Pede
1999: Guest House Paradiso Mr Nice
1999: Hippies Ray Purbbs
1999: Spaced Tim Bisley (also co-writer)
1998: The Man Who Thinks He's It Various roles
1998: Big Train Various roles
1998: Is It Bill Bailey? Various roles
1996: Asylum Pizza delivery boy
1996: Faith in the Future Jools
1995: Six Pairs of Pants Various roles

Information on the filmography was correct at the time of writing but, sadly, time marches on and waits for no-one. so if you arrive here in the distant future and find it's tragically behind with the times, give me a /msg and i'll have it brought up to date sharpish. Alternatively, get in touch with an editor if I'm no longer around.

Editor's note: ConfusionTheWaitress is, as suggested above, no longer around. I have taken the liberty of updating the ography (through 2014) as suggested.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.