An outdoor Amphitheater in Mountain View, CA built by Bill Graham for The Dead. Pretty much the regular venue for The Dead between '90 and '95 (when Jerry died).

Sometimes criticized for being sterile, Shoreline is differentiated from other sheds by its soaring tent and stealy-inspired layout (look at an aerial photo and you'll see it).

The acoustics are tremendous in the reserved areas and piss-poor from the lawn. This is almost entirely the fault of the nearby town of Palo Alto, whose residents often phone in noise complaints because of a pesky inversion layer that reflects sound into residents' million dollar ranchers.

Situated on over 60 acres, in the heart of Silicon Valley California, Shoreline Amphitheater was opened in 1986 under the direction of Bill Graham Presents. It was named the Best Large Outdoor Amphitheater in the United States by the Pollstar Concert Industry Awards. A state-of-the-art event facility, it serves as a venue for such artists as Madonna, Eric Clapton, Santana, Bruce Springsteen and popular all-day music and food festivals. Located 10 miles from San Jose and 35 miles from San Francisco, it boasts one of the worlds largest tent structures.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.