A great man, the Founder, President and CEO of the Sanrio Co., Ltd, of Tokyo, Japan, with subsidiaries all over the world.

Tsuji-san founded the company in the year 1960 with the belief that regardless of the tough economic and uncertain political conditions at the time, he would find customers who were looking for some simple escape and happiness. He was inspired by the beauty of birdsong in his bleak urban environment. He built the company on these principles.

Today, Tsuji-san believes that Sanrio is able to contribute to the world in not only a commerical sense, but a spiritual one too. His characters and products help children and young-hearted adults alike to smile and forget their worries for a brief moment. His concept of social communication, upon which all of the comany's products are based, is intended to allow people to "share a smile" with one another. Tsuji-san is fond of saying "No-one is an island".

Tsuji-san has been quoted as saying "A formal gift makes you stiffen up. It may make the receiver feel a need to return the favor. Something cute gets you right in the heart." and "If only I could come up with a Hello Kitty smart bomb to put good feeling in the hearts of soldiers."

Tsuji-san was born in the year 1928.

RESEARCH SOURCES INCLUDE SANRIO CORPORATE MATERIALS, WIRED MAGAZINE, AND THE NODIST'S OWN COLLECTION

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.