Shadow of the Swastika is an html document that I first found on gnutella as a zip file. It details a large scale conspiracy by right wing corporations to bankroll Hitler and later krypto-facists in the United States.

Much like Mushashi's Book of Five Rings or the DXM FAQ, the Shadow of the Swastika starts out with a simple subject in mind, but ends up somewhere totally different. The stated purpose of the work is to explain how certain industrial companies, notably the Hearst family and the DuPont family, pushed through the prohibition of Cannabis for fear that it could compete with timber and fabrics that they produced. Of course, all of this is Marijuana Conspiracy Theory 101.

The document really gets interesting when it moves into the territory of how those same companies were able to push through the anti-marijuana legislation, their general influence on political leaders in America, there influence on the rise of Nazism in Germany, and the postwar integration of Nazi officials into Western politics, as well as the Republican Parties courting of certain nationalist groups with ties to facism.

All in all, it is an interesting read, although nothing in it will be a surprise to hard core conspiracy theorists. Thankfully, the author also confines his speculation to political thought, and doesn't attempt to tie in Nazism with Freemasonry, the Knights Templar or Insectoid Aliens. All in all, a good solid read about the hidden politics of the 20th Century.

It can be found online at
http://www.ka.net/randy/

May 2009:The URL above doesn't work. This is another work of mine that in some ways is very obsolete, since it is a summary of a non-active webpage about a conspiracy theory. However, I now want to keep it because it is a primary document about what the internet was like in those far away days of 2001. This was in the days before wikipedia, when there was no good source of "consensus" information on the internet. If you were curious about a subject, you went to a search engine, (Google hadn't come to prominence), and searched around amongst dead links. Someone who could put together a reasononable collection of grammar and facts could end up at the top of a search engine ranking, and become a consensus source of information.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.