A red brick house with a gothic style pointed roof at 770 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, New York. Built by a wealthy physician in the 1930's in the predominantly Jewish (Until the 1960s), Crown Heights neighborhood.
Today "Seven-Seventy" is the world headquarters of Chabad Lubavitch. Where telephones ring non-stop (excluding Saturdays and Holidays) the mail is stacked to the ceilings, visitors crowd the reception and even radio and some television broadcasts are made to the world.
There is a small synagogue, a larger one, apartments and offices of Rabbis who run the Chabad organization, including the Rebbe before last Rebbe Yosef Yitzchak and his Son-In-Law (Not the previous Rebbe). Annexed are several buildings housing a yeshiva, a kollel and a publishing house.
"Seven-Seventy" is basicly chabadnik slang for "The people who decide" and important questions, requests and pleas are made to the red-brick house in Brooklyn.