I have received countless /msgs from people wanting to send sensei
a gift or a card or to visit him during his illness
. These have varied from devices to stop Dai-un
from using his keyboard to beautiful hand-made books. He asked me to convey his wishlist, so I cut and pasted this from an email (already formatted for me):
- Be nice. Noodles are nice. If they can do it, so can we.
- Choose a recipe I posted. Anything from How To Cook The Perfect Steak to The Vegetarian Meals That Aren’t Just Brown Gack metanode or hundreds of others. There are several links on the homenode. Whatever sounds good/interesting/odd to you. Buy the stuff you need for it. Prepare it for yourself or for a bunch of friends. Please post the results under the original node.
- Be firm. Noodles (cooked properly) are firm. If they can do it, so can we.
- Be resilient. Noodles are resilient. If they can do it, so can we.
- Be nourishing. Noodles are nourishing…….
And a bunch of other stuff about noodles. (Not really, I would have included it if there were.)
As I mentioned to someone recently he’s not really accumulating stuff but getting rid of stuff.