This recipe was created from scratch from guessing, hoping, luck and lots of cooking experience. You’ll have to experiment to get it just the way you want it. I’m going to add in the little bits that I chose to do that helped get the meal the way I wanted it so you can use the information when you try this out.

This meal is a sauce over pasta dish. The sauce is while/tan with a creamy texture and deep flavor. Experiment away!

Basic Ingredients:

1/2 lb small scallops
1/2 lb cooked, peeled, small shrimp
1 Clove of garlic, minced or chopped
1 Pint of half and half
1/2 Stick of butter, salted
1/4 Cup white cooking wine
1/3 Cup olive oil
5 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
1 Handful of white mushrooms, sliced
1 Head of broccoli, chopped into spears
1 Whole scallion, sliced

Seasonings I used:
Oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, basil and sweet basil, onion powder, dried parsley

Seafood Preparation:
Heat oil in your pan or wok and add in the chopped/minced garlic. Allow the garlic to brown a little and then add the scallops. Fry up the scallops until they’re ever-so-slightly browned. Add your shrimp and heat them up with the scallops in the pan. Once they’re heated all the way through, add mushrooms, broccoli, and scallions. Cook til the veggies are tender, but not soggy.

Sauce Base Preparation:
In other pot at the same time, combine the half and half, wine, half of your butter, and the diced sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer this with the seasonings of your choice until the sauce becomes creamy. Add in more butter along the way, as this helps with making the sauce creamy will help with the thickening. Once your sauce is almost as creamy as you like it, take it off the heat and let it stand to thicken some.

The sauce does take a while to get creamy because the wine needs to boil off and the half and half and butter need to do their thing. If you're having trouble with it, turn the heat up and stir often.

Finishing Up:
When the sauce has thickened but not cooled completely, mix in the scallops, shrimp and veggies from the pan. I didn’t drain them at all, and stirred the sauce up until the oil mixed in well. You might want to drain some of the extra liquid off first, if you don’t want the extra oil in your food. Leave the garlic though, it adds to the flavor.

Serve over the pasta of your choice and enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.