Scott Reeder, formerly of Across the River and The Obsessed, replaced Nick Oliveri as the bassist for Kyuss in 1993 and was with the band until they disbanded in 1995. His work with Kyuss is what he is most well known for.

A different Scott Reeder joined Fu Manchu as their drummer when former Kyuss member Brant Bjork left in late 2001. Ironically, Eddie Glass and Ruben Romano split from Fu Manchu and for a while Scott played bass for their new group, Nebula.

He was one of the candidates to fill the spot of bassist for Tool after former bassist, Paul D'amour, left in 1995. However, Tool chose Justin Chancellor of Peach. Scott appeared onstage with Tool a few times during their Ænima tour for a cover of Kyuss's Demon Cleaner.

Replacing Dave Dinsmore, Scott joined Unida in 1999 on their second release, the full-length album Coping with the Urban Coyote. He left the band in 2003 and was replaced with a bassist only known as "Jerry".

Scott collaborated with Jason Newstead (of Metallica and more recently, Ozzy Osbourne), Devin Townsend, and Dale Crover (of The Melvins) on four songs. Under the name Tree of the Sun, they have recorded the tracks Phoenix and Athena/Red. Under the name Blastula, they have recorded the tracks Contain Us and Spaztech.

Scott also co-produced, recorded, and mixed Sixty Watt Shaman's 2002 release, Reason to Live. He provided additional bass on a track titled All Things Come to Pass of that release.

Recently, Scott auditioned for Metallica after bassist Jason Newstead quit the band. He did not get the part, instead Robert Trujillo of Ozzy Osbourne and Suicidal Tendencies was chosen.

Scott is now releasing a solo album in which he will play every instrument. Very little information is known about this album but I'm assuming he will be producing it himself, also.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.