This dish is a meal on its own and is very quick and easy to prepare.
- Beat the eggs into the milk with a fork
- Arrange half the bread to cover the base of an oven-proof dish
- Sprinkle on half the bacon, onions and cheese
- Add a second layer of bread
- Top with the remaining bacon and onion
- Pour on egg and milk mixture, lifting the edges of the second layer to ensure it reaches the bottom
- Gently press down the bread into the egg mixture
- Add ground pepper to taste
- Top with remaining cheese
- Bake in an oven preheated to 350F for 40 minutes or until the whole thing is puffed up and just solid and cheese is meted and golden.
Note: Do not add salt to this dish, as the bacon will contain enough salt to season it.