Sarah Michelle Gellar is an actress best known for her role as "Buffy Summers" on the hit television show "Buffy the Vampire Slayer". For many years this actress has consistently placed high in the rankings of almost every media list of beautiful women.

Sarah was born in 1977 to a Jewish family living in New York City. She began her acting career at the age of five in the Made for TV movie "An Invasion of Privacy". From there she did many minor roles in television and commercials, all while maintaining a straight A average in school. Little Sarah was actually sued by McDonalds over a controversial Burger King advertisement in which she stated that she only ate at Burger King. The lawsuit was settled out of court and years later McDonalds was a major sponsor on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In the early 90s she began playing the role of Kendall Hart on the long running soap opera "All My Children". She left the show due to personality conflicts in 1995, but not before winning a Daytime Emmy Award. The intense filming schedule for this show caused her to give up several important film roles, such as the role of Juliet in the 1996 version of Romeo + Juliet.

In 1997 she appeared in the films "I Know What You Did Last Summer", "Scream 2" and then began her seven year run on Buffy the Vampire Slayer which really catapulted her to fame. Buffy started as a mid-season replacement, but quickly became one of the most popular shows on the network.

During her run on Buffy she did quite a few other roles in film and television, but most of them were not very well known. Since Buffy she has concentrated largely on film work.

As far as Sarah's personal life goes, she is married to actor Freddie Prinze Jr., who she met on the set of "I Know What You Did Last Summer". They have been married almost five years as of this writing.

Sarah is an accomplished figure skater, amateur gymnast and has studied Tae Kwon Do for years. She has a bit of a fixation on children's books and is especially fond of collecting rare titles.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.