by Srila Narottama dasa Thakura
(1) je anilo prema-dhana koruna pracur
heno prabhu kotha gela acarya-thakura
(2) kaha mora svarup rupa kaha sanatana
kaha dasa raghunatha patita-pavan
(3) katha mora bhatta-yuga kaha kaviraj
eka-kale kotha gela gora nata-raj
(4) pashane kutibo matha anale pashibo
gauranga gunera nidhi kotha gele pabo
(5) se-saba sanigra sange jo koilo bilas
se-sanga na piya kande narottama das
(1) He who brought the treasure of divine love and
who was filled with compassion and mercy--where has such a personality as
Srinivasa Acarya gone?
(2) Where are my Svarupa Damodara and Rupa Gosvami? Where is
Sanatana? Where is Raghunatha dasa, the saviour of the fallen?
(3) Where are my Raghunatha Bhatta and Gopala Bhatta,
and where is Krishnadasa Kaviraja? Where did Lord Gauranga, the
great dancer, suddenly go?
(4) I will smash my head against the rock and enter into the
fire. Where will I find Lord Gauranga, the reservoir of all wonderful
(5) Being unable to obtain the association of Lord Gauranga
accompanied by all of these devotees in who association He performed His many pastimes, Narottama dasa simply weeps.
Back to "Vaishnava Prayers & Songs"