Class AAA farm team of the Anaheim Angels, in Salt Lake City, UT. The Stingers play their home games in Franklin Covey Field. They compete in the Central Division of the Pacific Coast League.

Originally the Portland Giants, the team was established in 1903 in Oregon but did not become an affiliate of Major League Baseball until 1961. In 1961 they were affiliated with the St. Louis Cardinals. In 1962 and 1963 they were a farm team of the Kansas City Athletics. For the next four years, they were affiliated with the Cleveland Indians before becoming a Milwaukee Brewers team for one year in 1970. After another one year stint with Minnesota, they became a Cleveland team again for two more years. From 1979 to 1982 they played for the Pittsburgh Pirates, becoming a Philadelphia Phillies team for another four years after that. In 1987 they became affiliated with the Minnesota Twins once again.

In 1994, the team was moved to Salt Lake City and became the Buzz. Last year the team switched affiliations with the Edmonton Trappers and became an Angels affiliate. With the change of contract came a change of name, and the Buzz became the Stingers.

Games are broadcast on KWUN ESPN Radio 1230-AM.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.