My favorite description of this fire sign is, "He's the guy who will come to rescue you on his white horse in your darkest hour. Unfortunately, he will fail to notice when you fall off."

Some lady who wrote a book called "Love Signs" (Linda Goodman?) said something like this and I never forgot it. It is, believe me, very true.

the archer



       ...
        /:
       /
    `./
     /`.

quality: mutable
element: fire
ruled by: jupiter
Saggitarian females have been known to exhibit the following traits:

She'll tell you everything about her within the first 10 minutes of meeting her.

No secret is sacred - Yours or hers. Though she's not malicious, she can't control what words flow from her mouth.

No matter how depressed she is, she still appears perky. She'll tell you that things are crappy, but you aren't inclined to believe her because she's walking around with pigtails in her hair and glitter on.

She'll be the one crying when you breakup because it hurts her so much - but she's the one that dumped you. A week later she begs for you back.

She's cheated on you twice, tried to emotionally run away from you numerous times, and you still are madly in love with her.

A tendency to trip only when walking on a flat surface.

She's almost always late. Except when you are.

She has a list 1,000 miles long of "Things to research."

You have to keep her on a leash when you go to a store because even though she won't buy anything, she'll look at everything in adoration since everything is a toy to her.

She acts old and young for her age.

Her promises are near guaranteed to be broken. But you know that, and she knows you know that. So it's okay.

She's has dirty little mind and a is more pure hearted than anyone you've encountered.

She's majored in Computer Science, Astronomy, Sociology, English, Business, Gender Studies, Physics, Art, and Music.

She's strong and vulnerable.

She gets away with bloody murder. Literally.

Sagittarius
(November 23rd to December 21st)
The Centaur
Colours: Warm brown, autumnal tints and brilliant blue. Dark blue is the colour of Jupiter, ruler of Sagittarius.
Stones: Carbuncle, topaz and hyacinth.
Metal: Tin.
Trees: Lime, Mulberry and Oak.
Flowers: Asparagus, pinks and carnations.
Countries: Australia, Hungry and Spain.
Cities: Toledo, Cologne and Sheffield.

Chapter 1: Hello, Farewell 

I went up to the observatory today, to look down upon the remnants of the Earth-bound people, before we got underway. In the last days of preparing the ship for its voyage to Sagittarius, rumors were afloat that all the cities were a charred cinder, and the only people alive were those who still lived off the land. Though our ship, the Nautilus, is capable of recording the procession of the Earth in fine detail, all the video links from it were killed and the area closed off - until now. 

Making my way onto the first deck, which contains both the bridge and the only passageway leading out to the observation room, I saw the Captain standing guard in front of the door, checking everyone's name before he let them in. "Joshua," he said with eyes half-opened, "you cannot come in, just yet. I've posted a standing order to stay under the maximum occupancy to avoid overcrowding this place. Please, go wait outside until someone else leaves." 

A word about the ship in the meantime, then. The Nautilus, sponsored by the United States, is the first and only ship among the diaspora fleet to "live off the land". In other words, it fuels both itself and the crew completely while underway. The body of the ship is fifty football fields long, contoured into a cylindrical shaft that rotates on its axis, to produce a centrifugal force the crew needs to keep their bones from degenerating in the weightless interstices of empty space. 

The observation room is aft. It looks like an inglorious, giant, plastic bulb with an antenna jutting out of the rear end of the ship, but it serves as an extrasolar planetarium in a microgravity environment. Armed with a parabolic dish two kilometers in diameter, it can take navigational markers from anyone who puts their request onto the queue, with the caveat that the bridge can take control whenever necessary. This is one telescope that any member of the crew can get time on. 

Forward, the neck opens up to a ramscoop drive, looking somewhat vaguely like the working end of a saxophone. The ramscoop is used as a kind of rake; it pulls in hydrogen species from space and fuses them into complex hydrocarbons for food and fuel the crew needs while onboard the ship. The main means of propulsion are six solar sails that are only unfurled while the ship is underway. They are hoisted by six mechanical arms, each a mast, that are stowed away by locking them to the sides of the ship. 

 

Sag`it*ta"ri*us (?), n. [L., literally, an archer, fr. sagittarius belonging to an arrow, fr. sagitta an arrow.] Astron. (a)

The ninth of the twelve signs of the zodiac, which the sun enters about November 22, marked thus [&sagittarius;] in almanacs; the Archer.

(b)

A zodiacal constellation, represented on maps and globes as a centaur shooting an arrow.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.