A term used to describe a person who is spaced out, out there, oblivious to the obvious, doesn't have a clue, doesn't get it, or otherwise on a different wavelength from the majority of surrounding people. In the usage that I'm farmiliar with, it is not used to describe geeks, as they usually have some form of clue about something.

Space Cadet is also a book written by Robert Heinlein. It was published in 1948. The book takes place in the year 2075 and follows Matt Dodson and his peers through their entry and first year in the Solar Patrol. The Solar Patrol is a military unit that polices space and keeps the peace. In this book, there is life on many of the planets in our solar system. The military aspect of the book is very much like Starship Troopers, but they are very different books. This book is centered more on the subjects of peace, understanding, and honor.

I finished the book last night and quite enjoyed it, but then again, I like reading Heinlein's work. Unfortunately, I can't tell you how correct his science was since I'm not very good at it myself. However, he correctly predicted cel phones.

The name of the one pinball table supplied with the 3D Pinball game in Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000. It is mission-driven: you must first select a mission (like "target practice") and then execute the mission (by hitting targets, in this case). Completing three missions earns you a promotion, and the missions get more intricate as you go. If you let the ball drop, you have to start all over again. Features a wide array of drop targets, a few bumpers, and nifty retro sound effects to accompany it all.

Gerald Holmes thoroughly enjoys this game, and uses its Windows exclusivity to insult Linux and Macintosh users.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.