Transforms from microcassette to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: RUMBLE

FUNCTION: DEMOLITIONS
"Destroy what's below and what's above will follow."

RUMBLE is your basic street punk. Small but always acting tough. Quick temper and mean disposition. Follows Megatron's orders eagerly. Transmits immense low frequency groundwaves to create powerful earthquakes. His small size limits his physical strength, but his ability to shatter the ground makes him difficult to approach in a fight.

  • Strength: 2
  • Intelligence: 5
  • Speed: 2
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 5
  • Courage: 7
  • Firepower: 8
  • Skill: 5
Transformers Tech Specs


In the toy line, Rumble was the red-and-black "human" cassette; Frenzy was the blue-and-navy one. The cartoon switched their names for no apparent reason other than writer's error, and never corrected it. Fortunately, they usually appeared together, so nitpickers (like me) could rest happily at least half the time.

Rumble or rumbling is the typical disturbing sound, that occurs when a record* is played an a record-player. The sound is caused by the electric motor of the turntable. The frequency-range of rumbling is mainly below 50 Hz.

More generally, the term refers to the presence of low frequencies anywhere, as in, for instance, buildings with forced-air ventilation or the interior of a quickly moving automobile.

n. 1. Any interruption in the course of criminal activity, as the result of police intervention, or by the presence of bystanders, the sounding of an alarm, etc. “We got out of the joint after the score (robbery) clean (undetected), but I got a rumble from the prowl-car (patrol car) dicks (detectives).”

2. Press and radio reports of a crime; any general alarm raised against criminals or criminal activity. “A tough beef (clamor) on the trick (about the robbery), Joe. The rumble’s got the heat (intensified police activity).”

3. Recognition, especially of a suspect by a complainant viewing a police line-up; a greeting.

4. Notice taken of a place, thing, or event.

5. A thought; consideration.

6. A general complaint or report to authorities.



v. 1. To interrupt the execution of a crime by mere discovery, by raising an outcry, or by physical violence. “Some stiff (loiterer) rumbled the come-off (criminal act) and raised a beef (an alarm)."

2. To awaken to the fact that one is being victimized. “Duke was reefing the sucker (picking the victim’s pocket) when he rumbled. What a tumul (uproar)! It was murder (awful).”

3. To publicize or broadcast as a means of spurring police activity.

4. To show signs of recognition, as a victim about to identify a criminal in the police line-up or court. “The rapper (complainant) rumbled, but I knew he wouldn’t finger (formally identify) me ‘cause he had the chill (a scare) put on him.”

5. To view or note with suspicion.

6. To recognize; to greet or hail; to have relations with; to pay attention to.

7. To complain to police; to instigate police activity against the underworld.

8. To engage a policeman or a bystander in conversation during the commission of a crime by one’s accomplice.

- american underworld dictionary - 1950

Rum"ble (?), v. i. [OE. romblen, akin to D. rommeln, G. rumpeln, Dan. rumle; cf. Icel. rumja to roar.]

1.

To make a low, heavy, continued sound; as, the thunder rumbles at a distance.

In the mean while the skies 'gan rumble sore. Surrey.

The people cried and rombled up and down. Chaucer.

2.

To murmur; to ripple.

To rumble gently down with murmur soft. Spenser.

<--3. to engage in a fight, usu. between street gangs.-->

 

© Webster 1913.


Rum"ble, n.

1.

A noisy report; rumor.

[Obs.]

Delighting ever in rumble that is new. Chaucer.

2.

A low, heavy, continuous sound like that made by heavy wagons or the reverberation of thunder; a confused noise; as, the rumble of a railboard train.

Clamor and rumble, and ringing and clatter. tennyson.

Merged in the rumble of awakening day. H. James.

3.

A seat for servants, behind the body of a carriage.

Kit, well wrapped, . . . was in the rumble behind. Dickens.

4.

A rotating cask or box in which small articles are smoothed or poliched by friction against each other.

<-- rumble seat, a seat in the rear of an automobile, outside the passenger cabin, which folds out from the body -->

 

© Webster 1913.


Rum"ble, v. t.

To cause to pass through a rumble, or shaking machine. See Rumble, n., 4.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.