Classic by the Rolling Stones, first released in 1967 on the album 'Between the Buttons'. Supposedly the lyrics were written by Brian Jones & Keith Richards, with the music written by Jones. Jones was never credited.

In 1970, singer Melanie Safka broke into British charts with her remake of Ruby Tuesday.

Personnel:
Mick Jagger - Lead Vocals.
Keith Richards - Lead and Rhythm Guitars, Acoustic Guitar, Backing Vocals, Vocal Harmony.
Brian Jones - Rhythm and Acoustic Guitars, Lead Guitar, Recorder, Piano, Trombone, Banjo, Kazoo, Backing Vocals.
Charlie Watts - Drums.
Bill Wyman - Bass, Cello, Backing Vocal.

Lyrics:

She would never say where she came from
Yesterday don't matter if it's gone
While the sun is bright
Or in the darkest night
No one knows
She comes and goes

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you...

Don't question why she needs to be so free
She'll tell you it's the only way to be
She just can't be chained
To a life where nothing's gained
And nothing's lost
At such a cost

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you...

There's no time to lose, I heard her say
Catch your dreams before they slip away
Dying all the time
Lose your dreams
And you will lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still I'm gonna miss you...

Prior to a settlement of a trademark suit brought by the Rolling Stones, McMenamins Ruby Ale was styled Ruby Tuesday.

McMenamins, a Pacific Northwest microbrewery chain based in Portland, Oregon, was the first brewery in the United States to legally use fruit in ales, beginning in 1985. Over 55 lbs of hand-macerated, fresh whole raspberries are used in every batch, resulting in a light, crisp, fruity ale. Ruby has a distinctly reddish tint, hence the name. Ruby is a mainstay of McMenamins alcoholic offerings, available at any McMenamins pub.

Ingredients
  • Grain: pale malt
  • Hops: (vary)
  • Fruit: whole raspberries

Specifications
  • Original gravity: 1.038
  • Terminal gravity: 1.005
  • Alcohol / Weight: 3.3%

Source: McMenamins http://www.mcmenamins.com

Ruby Tuesday, Inc.® is also a large, family oriented, restaurant chain. As of June 2001 there were 374 restaurants owned and operated by the parent company and 151 franchise restaurants bearing the name. These are located in 19 states and 12 international locations, such as Asia, Puerta Rico and India. For the fiscal period ending June 2002, Ruby Tuesday, Inc.® reportedly had revenues totaling $833.2 million.

In 1972, near the University of Tennessee in Knoxville the first Ruby Tuesday was opened by Sandy Beall. In 1982, after expanding into South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Alabama the chain was acquired by Morrison Restaurants, Inc®. In 1996 Morrison changed its name to Ruby Tuesday, Inc.®, favoring the better known name of its restaurant lines. 1997 saw the first franchise openings, one in America and 2 others internationally. The chain is planning to open between 45-50 new restaurants in 2002, primarily in existing market areas. The home office is located in Maryville Tennessee and boasts a training university.

As in similar chains (such as AppleBees®, Bennigans®, and TGI Fridays®) the decor is a blend of rustic chaos. Comfortable seating, eclectic food choices, alcoholic beverages, and music all serve up a casual dining experience. The chain offers a wide range of foods, including White Chicken Chilli, Quiche, and a salad bar. Among the most popular dishes served you will find baby back ribs, fajitas, and burgers. Their deserts include the signature TallCake in chocolate and strawberry. Entrees range in price from $5.99 to $15.99, and all food is prepared fresh daily. It should also be said that their menus are HUGE and have been steadily getting bigger over the last few years.

Information above was gathered in part at the following websites:
http://biz.yahoo.com/p/r/ri.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.