Robert Torricelli (D-NJ) (1951-) is a Democratic Senator from the state of New Jersey. He has tried to reform campaign finance, but ironically his career has been tainted with campaign financing scandals.

Torricelli received his bachelors' degree in 1974 and his law degree in 1977, both from Rutgers University, the state university of New Jersey. He continued his studies at Harvard University, where he obtained an MPA degree in 1980.

Torricelli was elected to his first term in the House of Representatives in 1982, and served there until 1996. He is now in the Senate. Throughout his career, his focus has been on campaign finance reform, human rights, and the environment.

There has been a lot of scandal surrounding many of Torricelli's campaign contributions. The most famous contributor to Torricelli's campaigns has been David Chang, a Korean-American man who needed help convincing the Korean government to let him do certain things. Torricelli used his position in the American government to assist Chang in lobbying the Korean government and meeting with important Korean diplomats. Chang repaid him with campaign contributions. Chang pled guilty to many offenses regarding these incidents, leaving Torricelli in an awkward situation.

Here is the information on the offices Torricelli has, from http://torricelli.senate.gov:

113 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
(202) 224-3224

420 Benigno Blvd, Suite A1
Bellmawr, NJ 08031
(856) 933-2245
Fax - (856) 933-2711

1 Riverfront Plaza
Newark, NJ 07102
(973) 624-5555
Fax - (973) 639-0418

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.