DJ'ing is an artistic expression,
at some point in a DJ's career, he becomes an artist.
I don't know if I've reached that point yet,
but on certain nights, I've hit that level.

A DJ / producer / remixer who specializes in house music. Born in Toronto, Canada, and raised in Los Angeles, he has a mixed national and cultural heritage, the closest description being Mexican-African-Dutch born Canadian. He debuted on the public scene in 1992 with his "Powertools" radio show on Power 106 FM in LA. At this time he was with a techno group called "The Movement", and they produced a track called "Jump" that became a club anthem. This launched him into the limelight, and soon he was remixing for artists like Nelly Furtado, Destiny's Child, Carl Cox, Martha Wash, Todd Terry, and Crystal Waters.

The tone of his CD's can run the gamut of house music, from bouncy and disco-like to driving and aggressive Drum & bass tracks. Whatever he plays, you can be sure it'll make you get down and shake your groove thing.

Well known CD's include his team up with Bad Boy Bill on the House Connection, along with Shut the F*ck Up and Dance, Damn that DJ Made My Day. Also known for his performance alongside Madonna at the 2001 Grammys.

Thanks to his official site, www.richardhumptyvission.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.