A bad shooting game based on Aerosmith. Evil communists have taken over the world and outlawed all entertainment-especially(gasp!) music. So you use music(?) to fight the evil communists and rescue Aerosmith.
Uhh...yeah.
Right.
Started in the arcade, was ported to the genesis and super nintendo.

Revoloution X is an outdated arcade game that I found, one day, on a trip to the Treasure Island fun center. It is, quite possibly, the greatest thing on the face of the earth.

The game is based around Aerosmith, and how you must help them destroy the evil record corporation drones that are holding the band captive. All of the band members make short appearences, but Steven Tyler, himself, actually talks to you.

The game is set up for 3 players, each having a futuristic gun of some kind. You know they must be special, because you can play the game all day and never run out of ammo. If you shoot the right powerups you can launch cds at your enemies, which, apparently, are very explosive.

The entire game is, pretty much, holding in the trigger and pwning the evil music marketing scum. Try to ignore the fact that the very same scum thought up the idea for an Aerosmith videogame.

Starting out on foot, in the mean streets of LA, you fight enemy tanks and skateboarding ninja. After seeing the scurrilous act of Aerosmith's kidnapping, Steven Tyler's last will and testament gives you the keys to the offical Aerosmith limo, from which you shoot at more tanks and ninja, et cetera. Somehow you wind up in a helicopter, and after blowing up a few buildings, you end up in the desert. It doesn't make any sense to me, either. Then again, this game may have been designed by the band during those pound-of-cocaine-a-day years. After this, you start shooting at a school bus full of ninja, and the game becomes impossible.

Keep in mind, the 3 of us have been playing for an eternity, now. We've only gotten this far because a friend, who happened to work at the establishment started us off with 100 credits. Meaning, had we been using actual money, it would cost about twenty five bucks just to see the desert-school-bus-ninja level.

I will continue my research to try and reveal what the fates of Tom Hamilton, Joey Kramer, Brad Whitford, Steven Tyler, and Joe Perry may be.

In conclusion, videogames are awesome, and hair bands are awesome, meaning Revoloution X must be wicked awesome.

Music is the Weapon

The above writeup contains errors as to the game's plot. In particular, the villain. Otherwise it's pretty close. I /msg'd the writer, but got no response.

So who are the villains? The main villain is Helga, ostensibly a chick with big boobs in leather. More to it than that, but that's a secret.

Anyway, Helga is the headmistress of a new world order called "NON." NON's goal is to use force to end fun. Aerosmith, being the genius bunch they are, decide to stage a concert, so they're kidnapped by NON Boys and now you have to save them (interestingly enough, one of the hidden points where one saved a member of Aerosmith happens before the kidnapping. Oversight, I guess). You now have to save them. Steven Tyler floats you his wheels via broken mirror. You commandeer a chopper and eventually destory another chopper.

Now you run into Aerosmith's Lamborghini and are graced with the brilliant prose, Aerosmith's car! Cool! Naturally, you ditch the chopper for the sports car, and then you are informed that "where you go from here is up to you." Not that it really matters because you have to go the same places eventually anyway.

First you head to the Amazon, to find out what "Evergreen Chemicals" is hiding. Apparently, the way to go about this is to wipe out the native tribes. At the end, you fight a chemical skull that shoots acid eyes at you. It goes into the drain when you defeat it, leaving you to wonder what, exactly, you uncovered. But on to the next stage.

Now you learn those NON bastards are programming kids to do their evil deeds! Naturally, you do the ethical thing and kill a busload of them, so you can be greeted by the cheerful caption "School's out... forever!"

Now you head to the Pacific Rim, where you fight a lot of drones and ninja. This stage sucks. At the end you fight some stupid helicopter deal.

Now your paths merge at the final stage, an arena. You first must destroy all the televisions (Because how the fuck can you stage a concert with all this fucking equipment?) while fighting goons. Then, SPOILERS, YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

Helga turns into a pig and you kill her.

END SPOILERS

If you get all your Mammy Awards for finding hidden Aerosmith members, you get a concert. Elsewise, you just enter your name.

The mechanics are pretty simple. You have a machine gun, and CDs you can fire for extra damage. You are also awarded for rescuing strippers. Overall, it's simple, it's cute, it's fun, I like it.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.