Born 1 June, 1940 (holy crap! At the time of this writing, he's 61 years old!), Rene Auberjonois (pronounced Awe-Bur-zhun-wah) is best known in his role as Security Chief (or Constable) Odo on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He is a native of New York, New York. His remarkable voice has allowed him to procure several roles in cartoons, including Scooby Doo, The Little Mermaid, and Batman: The Animated Series.

He'd decided that he wanted to act at a young age (only six years old), and with many actors and musicians around him during childhood and teen years, he realized his dream by attending Carnegie-Mellon University to study theater. Over his life, there were few things which daunted him from this goal; he had a gift for acting. In 1969, with Katherine Hepburn, he won a Tony for Coco, a Broadway musical. He enjoyed a rather famous run in Benson, a comedy series in the 80's, as Clayton Endicott III.

But up to date, it's Deep Space Nine that has made him a famous man. He still regularly gets small parts in movies (for example, in Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, where he played a Colonel West, a traitor, and Father Mulcahy in the movie M*A*S*H.) and on stage, and he realizes that despite his age, there are many opportunities for a genuine actor.

He has a wife, Judith, and two children, Tessa and Remy-Luc, who both have aspirations for the performing arts. In addition, Rene is an accomplished gourmet cook, a painter, and a photographer, and he frequently gives to charitable organizations.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.