Got folks coming, but don't have a lot of time to fuss over the kugel? No problem! Just throw this together and forget about it!
1 package wide egg noodles
1 stick butter
1 large (16 oz.) container sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sugar
4 eggs

Topping:
Raisins (1 cup, or about 6 "snack size" boxes)
Cinnamon and sugar (if you have time, I suppose)

  1. Set the water for the noodles boiling. Once boiling, throw them in.
  2. While the noodles get going, melt the butter (mircowave works well).
  3. While the butter gets melting, mix everything else (except the garnish) together.
  4. When the noodles are about done, pour the butter into a 9"x13" pan.
  5. Drain the noodles, throw them in the pan, and toss with the butter.
  6. Pour the rest over the noodles. Throw on the topping.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

I've prepared this in a little under 10 minutes, not counting the time for the water to boil. Knowing when the noodles are just about done and not acutally measuring the milk helps a whole lot. The snack size boxes of raisins are a real time saver - just open them, dump them into your hands, and spread them around. For that matter, getting a canister of raisins and just grabbing two handfuls would work just as well.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.